Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Information Should Dentist Ask for When Purchasing a Dental Practice?

I am seriously looking into purchasing a practice. I have been pretty unsuccessful in getting some documentation from seller doc. Can anyone tell me specifically what to ask for so that I can properly analyze the practice to see if it’s viable? The price is right, and it seems like a good fit, but I don’t want to buy a sinking ship.

I have a home spun profit/loss statement from '09, but I need a lot more. What should I be asking for? Tax info? Production reports?

Thanks for the help.

Check out this Dental Purchase Checklist.

This first appeared on Dentaltown.

Send your questions to Tim Lott, CPA, CVA at tlott@dentalcpas.com

For more information or to sign up for our newsletter, please contact arose@dentalcpas.com
Follow us on TwitterFacebook and Pinterest

No comments: